Borage has a history of medicinal and culinary use that dates back over 1,500 years. It's cultivated and widely used in Europe for its healing properties and as a nice addition to salads, soups and sauces, or eaten by itself as a healthy side dish. Even borage flowers are edible, and are often candied as a cake decoration or made into sweet syrup. Borage oil is one of the herbal oils that I recommend for helping alleviate pain and other symptoms of inflammation. This oil has many other uses, such as :
- Moisturizing your skin. It's an effective natural anti-aging oil that repairs and hydrates your skin.
- Aid in relieving discomfort among women, such as breast tenderness, premenstrual stress, endometriosis, 6 PMS symptoms and menopausal symptoms. Borage oil also helps ease related cramping and pain.
- Assist in easing respiratory disorders. Borage oil has long been used in folk medicine to help treat cough and sore throat. It contains a gel-like substance called mucilage, which help soothe your mucous membranes.
- Reducing stress and high blood pressure A study conducted on 30 Canadian university students found that those who took borage oil capsules reduced their stress vulnerability after 28 days of supplementation.
- Botanical Name - Borago officinalis
- Country of Origin - China
- Rate/kg - Rs. 4000.00
- INR Rate - 230.00
- $ Rate - 36.71
- INR Rate - 290.00
- $ Rate - 37.68
- INR Rate - 570.00
- $ Rate - 42.19
- INR Rate - 1180.00
- $ Rate - 52.03
- INR Rate - 2000.00
- $ Rate - 68.26